Friday, February 6, 2009

Satisfaction

You know that feeling when sometimes a good meal just really hits the spot??
This was such a meal;
















Cauliflower and broccoli mash.
Steam, toss in the food processor add a glob of good quality butter, splash of heavy cream
and a clove or two of chopped garlic.

















In a large pan, butter and onion. Saute until somewhat soft but not browned. Low heat will help with this. Add 2 cloves of garlic. next grass fed ground beef. When meat is close to done, add 5-7 big leaves of basil and some ground cumin. One small red pepper (don't worry I'll get the name for all of you this weekend at the farmers market). 1/4 cup of coconut milk. turn hit to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Here's a tip on how to cut the basil. Take the leaves, stack them and roll them together, then cut.


Locally grown organic pineapple. I should have put something next to it for size scale.
These are miniature pineapples and are sweet and sour all at the same time. They are delicious.
















It will be warm/normal again here this weekend. The grill will in full use.
Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look s like an interesting meal. I need to find some creative ways to work broccoli into my diet. I HATED it as a kid. Recently decided to try it again now that I am Primal but low and behold... still did not like it... at all. It is mighty healthy though so i need ways to sneak it in. lol

The SoG

Marc said...

SOG,
I'm not crazy about broccoli either. But my kids eat it up!!
so when I have some left over, I almost always use it in the mash form.

Marc