Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Keeping it simple.....

My friend Lisa is still going strong and has adjusted to her new way of eating with ease.
She enjoys her salads and especially her celery.

Breakfast for Lisa was; one hard boiled egg, mixed with half an avocado. a few drops of hot sauce. 8 sugar snap peas, 2 olives and a teaspoon of hummus. This was too much tastse for the morning for her liking. She likes a bland breakfast. So tomorrow she'll have an apple, some peanut butter (I'll convert her shortly to cashew or almond butter) and a few almonds.
My breakfast was so easy, total prep time was 5 minutes.
I have in my fridge some cut up (cubes) chicken breasts. I give those a rub/marinade of garlic powder, onion powder, some sea salt and fresh ground pepper. some squirts of lemon juice and splash of olive oil. (keep it simple, I always in the fridge have on hand some bottled lemon juice, real easy for marines and recipes.) I also have a bag of ready to go broccoli, (washed and cut into bite size pieces). So here we go, some olive oil in the pan, throw in the broccoli.....saute.......toss in the chicken pieces, stir....stir....4-5 minutes. Voila! Done, and a great way start to your day. Portion was small, but very tasty and satisfying.

Lunch; For lisa and myself. Salmon salad with Celery.
Can of wild salmon (they are about 5-6 oz's in general) 1 heaping tablespoon of vegenaise. cut up celery (cut it thin and small) one cucumber (remove seeds), some scallions, 4-5 asparagus stalks cut up. Some fresh ground pepper. 2 large celery stalk cut in to 4 pieces served with the salmon salad. (we did not finish the salmon salad, there was plenty left for another lunch for her.)

Snack for me will be some nuts. Walnuts and almonds.

Lisa is eating the same chicken and broccoli I had for dinner. (I prepped it up, all she needs to do is toss in the pan)
I'm not sure yet.

How's everyone out there doing with their "feel good eating?" For all you meat-eaters, I keep seeing great grass fed beef on sale at Wild oats. Strip steak today was $6.99 a pound. I love that stuff. ;-)

No comments: