Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tossed Salad?

Tossed together left overs is more like it.
But it was tasty and satisfying none the less.
4 strips of bacon, when they were done, I removed them from the skillet and added a bunch of baby bella mushrooms and onions. While that was cooking, threw together a salad with some red leaf lettuce, celery and tomato and made a mustard and evoo dressing. Tossed it all together.
If you're like me, enjoy your bacon, and you don't have access to a farmers market or good local grassfed butchers for any of your meat supply, spend the few extra dollars for the good stuff in he supermarket. I think Apple Gate Farms is very decent, and Niman Ranch is a lot better then Oscar Mayer.
Make it a great day!

2 comments:

Chris - Zen to Fitness said...

Nothing beats a good tossed salad left to sit its dressing for a while before eating. I love a good ACV based dressing made with:

- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Raw Honey
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice

Simple and delicious!

Marc said...

Chris ZTF,
That does sound good!
I make my grandma's dressing to this day.
evoo
garlic
dijon mustard
scallion
salt & pepper

Simple and perfect...
Thanks for leaving a comment Chris.

Marc