Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bet you've never seen some of these marinades......

You probably have, but thought it would make for an interesting title. ;-)
I do suggest you try it though. You will be blown away with the flavors these create.

I've marinated some chicken breasts for 2 days in the following;
Olive oil, feta cheese, garlic, onion, pepper, lime juice and one egg.
Grill on high heat for just 2-3 minutes on each side and then move to non direct heat for about 12-15 minutes (depending on thickness of breasts)

Grouper; marinated for half a day in; olive oil, dijon mustard, white wine, fresh ground pepper
Shrimp; marinated for half a day in ; olive oil, garlic, chili pepper powder, white wine, lime juice.


And of course a nice big salad. Romaine, arugula, tomato, scallion, cucumber, field greens and grandma's dressing.


3 comments:

Naomi said...

Mm, that all sounds brilliant :) I'll give it a shot.

So what's grandma's dressing?

Marc said...

Naomi,

It's easy and the best. And yes, it realy comes from my grandma ;-)
In a bowl mix a large tblsp of dijon mustard with 1/2 cup olive oil. add 2 cloves finely chopped garlic and 2 or 3 finely chopped scallion. Fresh ground pepper and mix well. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes before tossing on the salad.
I guess it's been a while since I posted the recipe.

I have not made your tzatziki yet ;-(
But I will get there!

Groetjes!!!
Marc

Naomi said...

Had to google scallion there- I thought they were called spring onions. Sometimes the language thing is really a problem :/

The recipe does ring a bell now, I think I've made it before from your recommendation :)

Me and my friends have this thing we say when saying goodbye;
'bedankt voor het lachen'

Reminded me of you today ;)