Monday, June 23, 2008

Happiness is waiting there in front of you. Only you can decide whether or not you choose to experience it. Take this to heart!!!!

Over the course of this week, I'll post a little write up on how I came to start eating this way.
Don't get too excited, it's not all that interesting ;-)



"BREAK-FAST" meal for me around 10:30 was this;



2 grilled chicken thighs with red cabbage salad. 2 tbsps evoo, tbsp of dijon mustard, 1tsp spicy avocado oil and 1/2 tsp of balsamic.

In case you're curious, snack later in the day was celery sticks, 2 slices salami (no-nitrate and no garbage variety) and a nectarine. I have not had a piece of fruit like that in a while, it was a real treat. Like candy really.


6 comments:

ec said...

hi marc!

love, love, love your blog. thank you for such great recipes! im eager to hear about the spicy pepper relish. i struggle most with what spices to throw together... so id love to hear the specifics!

thanks again.

Anonymous said...

HI, Marc...do you bring this food to work? I would love to see the faces of my co-workers if I had this at 10:30...I once brought a tin of sardines in oil and I will never live that one down...

i find that a lot of folks here do not have a well-developed palate...When I told them that I had sea urchin, I was banned from food discussions forever!

Still struggling with what to have for breakfast since I have to eat it at work (eating at 6am is difficult for me)

What would you do?
Thank you,
Svetlana

Marc said...

ec;

Thank you!!! ;-)
Look for the relish recipe this weekend. You can use it for so much. I saute with it, marinate with it etc etc.
Leave me a comment anytime if i can help you with a specific recipe.

Svetlana;
Yes I bring this food to work. I cut up the thighs and put it on top with the salad, that way I only need a fork. Most people think I'm pretty weird ;-)

Don't eat at six am, just around 9 or 10 at work. And don't worry what people think. Tuna salad is easy to bring, or any cut-up left over protein from the night before over some greens.
And about sea urchin, I LOVE IT. It has to be some of the best tastiest treat around. It's flavor is universal as they eat in Japan and the south of France. Ofcourse now you will find almost anywhere where there is a sushi restaurant.
Thanks for reading my blog Svetlana.

Have a wonderful day.
Marc

s said...

Marc, which avocado oil do you use? Can you post a link as I think its something I should try!!

Marc said...

Sarena,

Check out this post;
http://feelgoodeating.blogspot.com/2008/05/law-of-value.html

It has a picture of it. I see it in regular supermarkets also.
Good luck, and let me know if you need more info.
Marc

s said...

thanks but i guess its out for me--no nightshades!! will try the regular avocado oil and try to infuse some myself!!