Friday, November 14, 2008

Quick Dinner

Short on time, 2 of my kids got braces yesterday, my son had to be at hockey practice......
Needed a quick dinner solution.
Ran into the supermarket and picked up a carton of chicken broth and a pound of ground turkey. Sauteed some onion in evoo, added the turkey, when the turkey was no longer pink, I added the chicken broth. I then julienned a yellow squash and added that. Kept some aside for my youngest who loves raw veggies (don't ask). All this took about 15-20 minutes. We all had a nice big bowl of soup for dinner. For dessert was some frozen vanilla chocolate swirl frozen yogurt. A little extra comfort food for the brave recipients of new braces.

Breakfast the other morning;
Ground grass fed beef with some onion. Watermelon and a few grapes. And my favorite vitamins. Thank you
Mark Sisson .
(picture to follow)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc, you sound like a father extrodinaire. As for braces, i had them as a kid and hated them... but now in my later years, I am so grateful that I did!

Marc said...

Thank you SOG!
I try ;-)

Same for me with braces..4 years from 12-16. I'm also grateful now.

Marc

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow I tackle the 300 workout.you encouraged me to do. Ill be doing a post on it for sure!

Marc said...

SOG,

Let me know how you make out.
It's a great little routine.

Marc

Anonymous said...

Well Marc,
I did the 300 workout... it was brutal. If you get the chance, head on over to my blog and read my post on it for details!

Thank you,
The SoG

Anonymous said...

TWO?

we already deemed you super dad---what now? is there a title higher? are you wearing a cape 24/7!?

Marc said...

"Cape of love" makes everything easy ;-)

Dominick said...

It likewise helps in reducing the price of criminal polk county inmates mugshots activity. When individuals recognize that whatever criminal activity they devote would certainly damage their picture as well as avoid them from delighting in particular benefits they will certainly do whatever humanly feasible to avoid criminal offenses.