Thursday, December 4, 2008

Color

I really owe a lot to Art Devany. It's been 3 and a half years ago now that I first came to his site and started reading and studying about the EF/Paleo lifestyle. Which of course led me to Mark Sisson and his fantastic supplements and his blog. There is so much "REAL" information out there. Go find it, investigate it, and apply it.

One thing that struck me from the beginning was Art Devany's emphasis on "color with in your meals". So when I started changing the way I ate and exercised I tried to incorporate this simple concept. It really doesn't get mentioned a whole lot on all the EF/Paleo blogs, but if you focus on color, you'll be guaranteed to eat a variety of real foods.

So here's a colorful breakfast;
















Blueberries, watermelon, meatballs, tomato, celery, slice of red pepper and 3 slices of german "gelb wurst".


I have not said it in a while...so here we go again; SMILE A LOT TODAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That truly is colorful. Reminds me of a colorful meal I need to make soon. Homeade salsa eaten with veggies!

The SoG

s said...

How can I not smile when I see that bounty??
So this morning so far, I worked on my whole grain sourdough bread (although I wont eat it), roasted beets, toasted asparagus, prepped broc, asparagus and mini zucc to roast (all seperate and differently), marinating a brisket with my own sauce, same for some tempeh, chopped olives for sourdough foccacio, DRANK 2 coffees (1 w/ some homemade almond milk too)....
All in a day's work..haha...no work today just Oly training. Lots of weekend guests..friends and some of my kids just got in from Israel, although not sure when I will see them (staying with inlaws as they have a wedding!!)

Anonymous said...

The other night, we made a vegetable stir fry with green and yellow zuchini, onions, sno peas, green bell pepper and red bell pepper. It was so colorful and beautiful that I just had to take a picture of it... even though I have no idea what I will do with a picture of vegetable stir fry.
Maybe I can start a second career as a vegetable paparazzo.

The SoG