Thursday, October 8, 2009

Steak and Salad

I promised I would post a picture of the finished product. Well here it is with a nice salad.

I actually sliced the steak before grilling. With these types of cuts, you often have a thick and a thin part, so in order for it all to come out just right, it's easier to monitor individual pieces. Thanks to the marinade this doesn't have to cook long. Do not use much heat to cook. If it's helpful I used a "4-5 Mississippi temperature" (I use wood charcoal most of the time if I don't have wood)

For a different salad try this one;
Celery, endive,avocado,onion,evoo,balsamic, feta, fresh ground pepper and smoked hot paprika.
Different, refreshing and a nice contrast to the salad.


"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." HK

3 comments:

Yummy said...

The steak looks incredibly yummy! I have a bison flank steak that I may try with your marinade.

Anonymous said...

Marc,

I tried the marinate and cross-cutting on a 2lb slab of meat this week. No pics since the wife is out of town with the camera, but it turned out pretty good. My buddy and I ate about 80% of it with some spaghetti squash, shrooms, and additional onions.

No maple syrup in the house, was going to use honey, but none of that either. Regardless the sesame seed oil adds a very unique taste. yumm.

Marc said...

Yummy,
Let me know how it came out ;-)

Andy,
Did you use lemon? You need some type of acidity to break it down a little. Glad it came out decent anyway ;-)

Marc