Monday, October 12, 2009

Play and Pictures

Mark Sisson has pointed it out in many posts. PLAY is a key component of working out and staying in shape. This little game cost less then 10 bucks. My son and I can PLAY this for hours. A great game where we are not trying to beat it each other, but competitive towards a common goal together. To see how many times we can keep it going. We leap, stretch, jump, crouch to rescue badly hit shots and to do whatever it takes to keep the ball in play.

It looks like my two youngest rockstars are out far in the Gulf of Mexico, but if you can make it out, you will see a large sand bank. This time of year, the sand banks are full of sand dollars.

These little sea creatures have a wonderful energy to them. The kids enjoy feeling for them with their feet and then diving down to get them. Since the sand dollars "pee" on them, you can imagine the added "yuck factor" and laughter they get from it. (I think it's a gas they expel)
My youngest showing off her first catch.

Do you remember when you were a kid, you could laugh so hard that you could barely stand up?? Try and find that laughter again.....it's very important I think. I was happy it was shallow, because this little rockstar could hardly stand from laughing so hard.

Two Rockstars

Anyone reading from Chicago?? Didn't it snow there yesterday?? Ok, that was mean ;-)

Anywho, back to food;
In butter saute some chicken and beef. Add fresh basil and oregano.

Toss with a salad. Romaine, red leaf, cucumber, tomato, radish and scallions.
Try this for the dressing.
EVOO, dijon mustard, fresh ground pepper and a small piece of melted drunken goat cheese.

6 comments:

Shanna said...

Cute cute kids! I'm definitely adding this recipe to next weeks list! Yum :)

Yummy said...

Beautiful!!!

Dan said...

Marc,

The dressing sounds great. What measurements did you use for each ingredient? Equal parts of all?

Thanks

Dan

Marc said...

Shanna,
Thank you! Like I said, rock stars ;-)

Yummy,
It was a gorgeous Sunday.

Dan,
No. depending on how big your salad is. About 5 tbspoons evoo, to 1 teaspoon dijon. and about 1 tablespon goat cheese. you can thinly slice the scallions and add them to the dressing insteado to the salad. Let me know how it came out. Thanks for checking in.

Marc

Dan said...

I just made it for dinner after a 24 hour fast. It was absolutely delicious. I especially liked the dressing.

Great job Marc.

Dan

Marc said...

Dan,
I'm so happy to hear that!!!
Thanks for letting me know.

Marc