Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Having grown up in Europe, I think often about the bravery of the young US, Canadian and Russian soldiers that fought hard to help liberate my country and many others from the Nazi's.
Without them, I would not be here today. My heart goes out to all moms,wives, kids, dads that have or lost loved ones in the service. Memorial day, a day of gratitude and remembrance.
Phew, heavy :-) Sorry. Anywho, back to food.

I hope everyone gets to have some good barbecue this weekend. I might even make some ribs.
Will let you know.

Breakfast;
Smoked salmon loin, cucumber, scallion, avocado, olive oil, toasted sesame oil, tamari
Easy quick and DELICIOUS.

Smile and be happy ;-)

2 comments:

Dave Clary said...

Nice sentiments, Marc. Freedom definitely seems to be appreciated most by those who have had it taken away. I remember backpacking in Wales in the early 70s. A friend and I entered a pub to pass a couple hours before we had to board a bus. An elderly gentleman spotted the American flags on our backpacks, and approached us to profusely thank us for helping to defeat the Hun. Never mind that I wasn't conceived until several years after VE day, I still walked out of that pub rather drunk without having spent a pence!!

Marc said...

Dave,
Very cool!

Marc