Thursday, May 1, 2008

Cooking while in the shower????

But before I get to that, here's one more quote from our old cool friend Hippocrates

“If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.”

Very often I will actually cook while I'm taking a shower and shaving. It's a perfectly timed ten minutes. ;-)
Let me show you how.
I have chicken marinating in my fridge. Cut in chunks so that I can skewer them and grill, or cook them quickly in the pan. The marinade is simple; olive oil, Worcester sauce, paprika, pepper, onion powder. So in a small skillet with heat on low I put about 6 pieces in the pan.
When I came out of the shower it was pretty much cooked, flipped the pieces and put 2 hand fulls of spinach on top. Some fresh cilantro also. I let it cool down while getting dressed, and then put it in a to go container for a yummy breakfast at my desk. I also had some celery with it for crunch and cool. Easy right?


1 comment:

Naomi said...

Smart! good planning is key sometimes huh :)
I'd be scared to have something on while i'm in the shower tho- visions of the house burning down around me and all that.... silly i know!