Monday, August 30, 2010

Cream of Mushroom Soup

Home made cream of mushroom soup.

Saute half a large yellow onion in butter until translucent. Add 3 cloves of chopped garlic. Next add a package of sliced bella mushrooms (about 1.5 cup). Dash of salt and pepper. Saute until mushrooms are soft. An extra pat of butter might be needed. Add a heavy splash of red wine. In a sauce pan, I reduced about1.5 cup of bone broth to about half and added that too. Let it reduce a bit more and then add about a 1/3 of a cup of heavy cream. Mix well and cook together for a minute or two. Transfer to blender and puree.



I saved some of the  cream of mushroom/onion goodness to spoon over my burger.


 
And lastly a very simple meal of rotisserie chicken with a cucumber salad.


Coming up my thoughts on fruit and "carbs".

Happy Monday everyone

12 comments:

Dan said...

Mushrooms and cream. One of the best combinations ever!!!

Marc said...

Dan,
I couldn't agree more.
Now if I could only get my hands on some good mushrooms...need a good Seatle farmers market for that one.

cheers,
Marc

TrailGrrl said...

Perfect! I've been looking for something like this. I love cream of mushroom, but don't buy canned soups anymore. This looks super-easy to make, and a good accompaniment for meats.

TrailGrrl

buy protein said...

I love mushrooms and i'm happy to find out such great recipe.

Angie said...

Green tea is also good for ur diet to make ur self fit and smart.

Angie said...

Green tea is also a great usage for the fitness of ur body..

Nutrition said...

I am very hungry by seeing your testy soup.
ha ha ha..........

side effects of steroids said...

Another great reciepe for mashrooms!

Spokane Bootcamp said...

Well it is a tasty recipe of soup and i really like it. Thanks for sharing dear.

Lyn Watson said...

A bowl of mushroom soup would surely make a meal really special. This is the perfect partner to any fried dishes.

Vitamin Berry said...

The cream of mushroom soup is nice and it matches for every meat dish. Thanks for sharing.

Health Mall said...

I was not knowing that it even mushrooms creams will be delicious. Thanks for sharing the awesome recipe.